Paris-Brest-Paris 2019 is right around the corner! For those thinking about attending, here is some crucial information:
(1) The official PBP brochure was recently released. You can find the original in French here, and an English translation of it here.
(2) The event starts Sunday afternoon/evening, August 18, 2019 and wraps up on Thursday (depending on your start time).
(3) For veterans, the format of the ride is essentially unchanged from 2015. Details are in the brochure.
(4) Prequalification is again being offered (and I recommend it). This means that your registration priority — when you are allowed to register — is based on the longest ACP/RM event you complete in 2018. If you haven’t yet done any randonneuring and are considering PBP, I recommend doing at least a 200K this year to give yourself some advantage in the queue (and, of course, to make sure that you actually enjoy this sort of thing). We have ACP events in July and August; check the registration page.
(5) It’s never too early to start planning your trip and your training. See articles I’ve written on those subjects here (planning; travel), here (training); here (choosing your start time); and here (group riding skills).
(6) I’m planning to attend, and this will be my fifth PBP (I’ve completed PBP-randonneur three times and PBP-audax once). Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions about the event; glad to help.