While you’re waiting for me to put up the registration info and exact details on the 2013 series (coming very soon, I promise!), check out some of the 1200K offerings on tap for next year. If a Grand Randonnée is in your future, this is the time to start planning it.
There are SEVEN domestic 1200s to choose from this year:
- Texas Rando Stampede – May 1
- Shenandoah 1200 – June 6
- Gold Rush Randonnée – June 24
- Big Wild Ride (Alaska) – July 21
- Endless Mountains – August 8
- Colorado Last Chance – September 11
- Taste of North Carolina – October 10
Ontario Randonneurs is putting on the Granite Anvil, starting August 22.
The world-wide offerings aren’t fully known (at least to me!) yet, but here’s what I do know of:
- Wangaratta Wahine 1200 (Austrailia) in March
- London-Edinburgh-London (UK) in July. This one is a quadrennial 1400K, and it’s on my list.
- Madrid-Gijón-Madrid (Spain) in August
- South Gippsland 1200 (Australia) on September 7th
- I hear rumors of the Silk Road 1200 being offered again.
Planning (and training!) starts now!