1. By now, many of you have probably heard the terrible news about Mitsuaki “Micky” Inagaki, the President of Audax Japan, who was killed last week while riding a 1200K in New Zealand when he and another rider (Chris Wilby, from England) were hit by a vehicle. Micky had done both Florida 1200s, the Sunshine in 2015 and the Cracker Swamp last year, and was well known to many of us for his audacious, enthusiastic riding style, his great companionship, and his huge smile. He’ll be sorely missed. Please keep a good thought and prayer for his family and riding companions.
3. The route has one minor change from the draft cue sheet. We’re using Empire Church to Mascotte Empire, rather than Carter Jones. Otherwise, the routing is the same.
4. Things discovered on the preride: (1) Poinsettia Ave is being repaved and is a mess, so be careful; (2) there is still some construction on CR 466A into Wildwood, but it is better than in years’ past; and (3) WTF is up with the loose dogs? Be careful.
5. If you’re coming, please register by Thursday afternoon. If you said you’re coming and can’t, please let me know that, too.
6. Keen on something different? Want to ride a 200K as a group ride? Consider the audax ride.